PASTA MAKING 101 COOKING CLASS IN NYC
Learn how to make fresh pasta and tomato sauce from scratch!
PASTA 101 COOKING CLASS
Cook a delicious full meal with friends!
Learn about the origins of pasta
Get insider tips on how to make the perfect sauce
Learn how to properly sharpen knives
Learn how to make Panna Cotta
Price: $125 pp
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR PASTA 101 COOKING CLASS
- Max Capacity: 15 participants (contact us for larger private groups!)
- Food Included: Cheese and meat plate, salad, pasta, tomato sauce, panna cotta
- BYOB: Participants over 21+ can bring their own beer and wine
- This event can be mobile! We can come to you, contact us for details
- Restrictions: +21 to drink, 10+ to attend, 6 participants minimum
- Can Accommodate: Vegan
- Sustainable Travel: At Stretchy Pants we try our best to be sustainable whenever we can. Please bring a reusable cup if possible.
NOT MUCH BEATS A BOWL OF CARBS
- Learn knife techniques from a trained chef
- Pre-made appetizer meat and cheese platter
- Small group size for hands on help
- Learn to make pasta from scratch
- Class includes a full meal
- Learn how to make panna cotta
- All the fun and none of the cleaning!
- Customizable for private groups
- BYOB (wine and beer)
We will begin the class by learning some basic cooking techniques from our chef instructor while snacking on some premade appetizers, so nobody gets ‘hangry.’ Since this is one of our more casual cooking class options, we encourage you to bring your own wine and take your time.
After everyone feels prepared from the chef demo, we will break into teams. After looking over the recipes we will start by making our dessert and placing it in the fridge to set. Next we will prepare our pasta dough with hands-on help from your instructor.
While the dough is resting, we will gather the ingredients for our secret sauce and learn key knife skills (pinch grip, anyone?). After testing out our new knife skills on our sauce and salad veggies, we will put our sauce on the stove. By this time our dough should be ready to roll, (pun intended). Each group member will get a chance to roll out their own dough either by hand or with the pasta machine.
Once we have completed the cooking, we set the table for a family-style meal to taste our masterpieces. Here you can enjoy some good conversation with your peers, and mangia! With all of your new skills, your friends will be begging you to host the next dinner party.
READY TO BECOME A MASTER CHEF?
MAKE IT PRIVATE
To make a cooking event private you must buy a minimum of 10 tickets. Don’t need anything special? Skip the form and book directly for up to 15 people. For groups of 15 or more please fill out the form.