Chinatown Food Tour
CHINESE TEA & DIM SUM
THE BEST FOOD TOUR IN SAN FRANCISO’S CHINATOWN
Taste 3 different types of dim sum
Try both hot and cold local tea
Visit the oldest temple in America
Visit the very first fortune cookie factory
See the vibrant alleyways of Chinatown
Starting at 1:30pm Tuesday- Sunday
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS FOOD TOUR
- Max Capacity: 15 people (contact us for bigger groups!)
- Start & End Location: This tour ends about 5 blocks from the meeting location in Portsmouth Square.
- Vegan & gluten free: We can accommodate vegan and gluten free participants. Let us know when you book.
- Parking: The Portsmouth Square Garage cost $4 an hour and is located below our start point.
- Sustainable travel: We support sustainable travel! Please bring your own water bottles to reduce plastic waste
- Includes: Full dim sum meal, bubble tea dessert and Tea Tasting
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD GOOD DIM SUM?
Ok, now when was the last time you had dim sum that was so delicious your dreamt about it for weeks? You’ll see the world’s first fortune cookie factory, taste different kinds of dim sum and tea and learn how Chinese immigrants made it to the Bay and their impact on San Francisco.
- Stories of the Gold Rush and Chinese immigration while eating a local pork roll
- Visiting the oldest temple in America
- Getting your fortune told
- Sipping on delicious bubble tea
- Snacking at a local bakery
- Visiting the first ever fortune cookie factory
- Eating a dim sum feast
- Learning everything you need to know about tea
Our tasty adventure starts on the outskirts of Chinatown in Portsmouth Square with a pork roll, unique to the neighborhood. While we snack, we learn about the Gold Rush, in the exact spot it all started! Ready to take on the walk, we journey down the street of the infamous 10-cent haircut and learn how the sailors journeyed here in hopes of the American dream. Here we visit one of the oldest temples in America and guests will have a chance to get their fortunes told. Then, we check out the fortune cookie factory and take a peek inside!
But wait the adventure doesn’t stop there! Next, we’ll check out the oldest bakery in Chinatown, a church filled with pictures of the 1906 earthquake, and taste of a local candy. Feeling refreshed, we head to eat more food at a tightly packed local favorite! We end with four types of hot tea in a local tea shop and learn about the role of tea in traditional Chinese medicine with a 30 minute tasting. This informative tasting will teach you the difference between medicinal herbs and tea. We end just steps away from North Beach, San Francisco’s Little Italy, a wonderful neighborhood to explore.
READY TO TASTE HISTORY?
STILL NOT SURE? CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO!
“Great tour! I am new to the city and this was the perfect way for me to learn some new things and eat delicious food! Would highly recommend!” -Billine
“The Stretchy Pants tour of Chinatown was great. Even though I’ve lived in SF for years, I learned a lot about what part Chinatown played in important events like the Gold Rush. The food was great and I’m always down to get boba, so that was a fun treat. Great way to spend a couple of hours!” -Tasha
“Our guide was very knowledgeable and fun to interact with! I would definitely recommend this tour to my friends visiting San Francisco!” -Stephanie
DISCOVER OTHER EXPERIENCES
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.