BAGELS, BAKERIES & BROWNSTONES FOOD TOUR
NEW YORK CITY
THE BEST FOOD TOUR IN BROOKLYN
Enjoy the best nyc bagel in town!
Learn the stories behind the historical Brooklyn Heights
Sample a NYC style slice from a local favorite
Taste Italian delicatessens from Carroll Gardens
Try Lard bread from a 1920s bakery
Starting at 10:30am Tuesday – Sunday
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS FOOD TOUR
- Max Capacity: 15 people (contact us for bigger groups!)
- Start & End Location: Starting outside La bagel Delight. This tour ends about 10 blocks from the start location.
- We Accommodate: We can accommodate vegetarian participants. Let us know when you book.
- Includes: Full meal with a Mini bagel, pizza slice, Mediterranean snack, dumpling sample, Italian ice or cookie, and Lard Bread.
- Parking: Street parking is hard in this area. There are a few local lots. For train transportation you can take the 1,2,3,4,5 A,C,R,F to Borough Hall.
- Sustainable travel: We support sustainable travel! Please bring your own water bottles to reduce plastic waste
THINK YOU KNOW BROOKLYN? FORGETTABOUTIT
Ready for your mind to be blown? Well, NYC bagels tend to have that effect at first bite! On this food tour we will experience everything Brooklyn Heights and Carroll Gardens has to offer. From beautiful brownstones to local coffee shops, this is by far one of the cutest areas in NYC. Also, this food tour is extra special to us because it is the neighborhood that one of our founders grew up in!
- Try an NYC bagel
- Learn the history of NYC brownstones
- Try a NYC slice of pizza or some garlic knots
- Visit a Middle Eastern spice market
- Taste amazing dumplings
- See the Italian bakeries Cobble Hill is known for
- See 3 different neighborhoods
- Taste an Italian ice (weather depending)
- Snack on some lard bread from a 1920’s bakery
We start our journey with the best bagel in town and a coffee for those in need. While munching on breakfast, we learn a brief history of the neighborhood and how NYC became the thriving metropolis it is today. After the first stop, we’ll head into Brooklyn Heights to see the famous 100+ year old picturesque brownstones the area is known for. Next we head over to a local pizzeria to try a NYC slice at a establishment locals have loved for over 30 years.
Next we head to a Mediterranean market to tantalize all your senses.This local institution is perfect for the photographers out there looking to snap a colorful shot that looks like you took a trip to the Middle East. Next we head over for an odd but delicious addition, dumplings. Now we always recommend going to Chinatown while in NYC, this is one of our favorite spots in the hood.
Feeling a bit full, we head on our 5 block walk through Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens. On our way we will learn the story of the Brooklyn Italians and why there are such amazing bakeries in the area. Just in time, we head into our next stop at an Italian Delicatessen for a cookie or Italian ice (weather depending). Finally we top off our walk at one of the oldest bakeries in the area to taste some lard bread, a magical loaf specific to the area.
READY TO TASTE HISTORY?
MAKE IT PRIVATE
Add a bit of excitement to the ‘wine and dine’ portion of your next business trip vacation or Tuesday (why not!?). We customize your private cocktail and/or food walk to fit your needs in one of our select neighborhoods. If you book a private food tour experience with us, we can customize any of our food walks to fit your needs. We can also meet at your hotel or office and create an itinerary that fits you and your time in the city. Our base price starts with our standardized tours rates but we are happy to add more.
To make an event private you must buy a minimum of 8 tickets. Don’t need anything special? Skip the form and book directly for up to 15 people. For groups of 15 or more please fill out the form.