Bagels, Bakeries & Brownstones Food Tour
NEW YORK CITY
THE BEST FOOD TOUR IN BROOKLYN
Enjoy the best nyc bagel in town!
Learn the stories behind the historical Brooklyn Heights
Sample a NYC style slice from a local favorite
Taste Italian delicatessens from Carroll Gardens
Try Lard bread from a 1920s bakery
Starting at 10:30am Tuesday – Sunday
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS FOOD TOUR
- Max Capacity: 15 people (contact us for bigger groups!)
- Start & End Location: Starting outside La bagel Delight. This tour ends about 10 blocks from the start location.
- We Accommodate: We can accommodate vegetarian participants. Let us know when you book.
- Includes: Full meal with a Mini bagel, pizza slice, Mediterranean snack, dumpling sample, Italian ice or cookie, and Lard Bread.
- Parking: Street parking is hard in this area. There are a few local lots. For train transportation you can take the 1,2,3,4,5 A,C,R,F to Borough Hall.
- Sustainable travel: We support sustainable travel! Please bring your own water bottles to reduce plastic waste
THINK YOU KNOW BROOKLYN? FORGETTABOUTIT
Ready for your mind to be blown? Well, NYC bagels tend to have that effect at first bite! On this food tour we will experience everything Brooklyn Heights and Carroll Gardens has to offer. From beautiful brownstones to local coffee shops, this is by far one of the cutest areas in NYC. Also, this food tour is extra special to us because it is the neighborhood that one of our founders grew up in!
- Try an NYC bagel
- Learn the history of NYC brownstones
- Try a NYC slice of pizza or some garlic knots
- Visit a Middle Eastern spice market
- Taste amazing dumplings
- See the Italian bakeries Cobble Hill is known for
- See 3 different neighborhoods
- Taste an Italian ice (weather depending)
- Snack on some lard bread from a 1920’s bakery
We start our journey with the best bagel in town and a coffee for those in need. While munching on breakfast, we learn a brief history of the neighborhood and how NYC became the thriving metropolis it is today. After the first stop, we’ll head into Brooklyn Heights to see the famous 100+ year old picturesque brownstones the area is known for. Next we head over to a local pizzeria to try a NYC slice at a establishment locals have loved for over 30 years.
Next we head to a Mediterranean market to tantalize all your senses.This local institution is perfect for the photographers out there looking to snap a colorful shot that looks like you took a trip to the Middle East. Next we head over for an odd but delicious addition, dumplings. Now we always recommend going to Chinatown while in NYC, this is one of our favorite spots in the hood.
Feeling a bit full, we head on our 5 block walk through Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens. On our way we will learn the story of the Brooklyn Italians and why there are such amazing bakeries in the area. Just in time, we head into our next stop at an Italian Delicatessen for a cookie or Italian ice (weather depending). Finally we top off our walk at one of the oldest bakeries in the area to taste some lard bread, a magical loaf specific to the area.
READY TO TASTE HISTORY?
“Great tour! I am new to the city and this was the perfect way for me to learn some new things and eat delicious food! Would highly recommend!” -Billine
“The Stretchy Pants tour of Chinatown was great. Even though I’ve lived in SF for years, I learned a lot about what part Chinatown played in important events like the Gold Rush. The food was great and I’m always down to get boba, so that was a fun treat. Great way to spend a couple of hours!” -Tasha
“Our guide was very knowledgeable and fun to interact with! I would definitely recommend this tour to my friends visiting San Francisco!” -Stephanie
DISCOVER OTHER EXPERIENCES
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.