CASTRO WALKING FOOD TOUR
Cocktails & aphrodisiacs in the Castro
FOOD & DRINK WALKING TOUR OF THE CASTRO
Learn what aphrodisiacs are (and aren’t)
Sample at least 3 different aphrodisiacs
See the famous Castro Theater
Try 3 cocktails born in San Francisco
Learn the stories of the LGBQT+ Community
Starting at 7 pm Tuesday-Friday, Sunday
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS DRINK & FOOD TOUR?
+4 Tastings 2 Cocktails
- Max Capacity: 12 (Contact us for bigger groups!)
- Start & End Location: This tour ends about 10 blocks from the meeting location, The Castro Theater.
- Includes: 2 cocktails, spicy rice cakes, oyster shooter and a adult cookie
- Can Accommodate: Vegans & Gluten Free
- Sustainable Travel: Please bring your own water bottles to reduce plastic waste
- Parking: Street parking in this area can be difficult. Please consider public transportation.
- Restrictions: All guests must be 21+ to attend. Two participants minimum.
RELEASE YOUR INNER WILD CHILD!
It’s been a long week and if you’re going to do it anywhere, Castro’s the place. Explore the options that make Castro arguably the heart of the city. Learn about aphrodisiacs, the neighborhood, and San Francisco cocktails. Let go of your worries for a night, you can always be responsible tomorrow.
- Hear stories of the LBGQT community of the Castro district while sipping cocktails
- Learn the truth about aphrodisiacs while slurping on some oysters
- Sip on a Mai Tai in the city it originated from
- Taste spicy rice cakes from a local favorite fusion joint
- Soak up the scene while sipping on a Martini
- Try a delicious adult rated cookie
- See the famous Castro theater and rainbow crosswalk
Start with a classic aphrodisiac to set the mood: the oyster shooter. Slurp! We’ll learn the story of the Castro District and how it set the stage for the gay rights movement. Come as you are, it’s whimsical and welcoming to all. Stroll down Castro Street and see the rainbow-flags, stopping at Castro Theater to learn about the actors who performed there. Try an unusual cookie and indulge your erogenous side as we peek in a store and discuss the Castro underground party scene.
The next stop is a double whammy! We’ll sample an aphrodisiac everyone knows and loves, while learning the truth behind the legend of aphrodites and what is a true aphrodisiac. Next we will taste another optional classic cocktail we’ll bet you didn’t know was invented in SF!
Next we spice it up with a delicious little treat at a Korean Californian fusion restaurant, a neighborhood favorite. Here we will see who can handle the heat. Then it’s time to say “bye bye’ with some Mai Tais at our last stop. But if you are not ready to head home, don’t worry by this time, the Castro is just getting fired up.
READY TO DRINK UP SOME HISTORY?
“I had an EXCELLENT time on the cocktails and aphrodisiac tour! I live in SF but learned so much about the city and the science behind aphrodisiacs. The menu was well curated- the food and drinks were delicious, everything had an interesting story or fact behind it and nobody left hungry. The group size was perfect, it was big enough that we had a chance to mingle and make new friends as the tour progressed.” -Katherine
“This tour does an amazing job at blending brainy facts with entertainment, delicious food, and strong cocktails. Cocktails and Aphrodisiacs in the Castro was such an impressive experience, my only concern is which tour I want to take next!”- Ryan
“I went on the Cocktails and Aphrodisiac tour. It was a very well planned and fact-filled tour of the Castro district. I got to learn why certain foods are considered aphrodisiacs and what cocktails were invented in SF. We got to see cool places where Harvey Milk used to hang out, it was fun drinking with history! I definitely wanna go on another tour soon!”- Michael W
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.