‘LITTLE ITALY’ PIZZA & PUB CRAWL
A NORTH BEACH FOOD TOUR
NORTH BEACH FOOD TOUR
Taste 4+ styles of pizza
Try the best tiramisu in North Beach
Skip the line at Tony’s Pizza!
See the oldest bar in San Francisco
Small groups of 10 or less
6 pm Thursday’s & Saturday
Custom and private experiences available upon requests
Drink packages starting at $35
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS DRINKING & FOOD TOUR OF NORTH BEACH
2.5 -3 Hours
- Max Capacity: 10 people (Contact us for bigger groups)
- Start & End Location: We end seven blocks from the meeting location.
- Includes: 4+ styles of pizza, wine, and a dessert. The first drink is on us! Then it is on you.
- Can Accommodate: Vegetarians, NOT recommended for Gluten-free or Diary Free.
- 21+: Must be 21+ to attend this drink and food tour
- Sustainable Travel: Please bring your own water bottles to reduce plastic waste
- Parking: It is hard to find parking in this area and parking lots are expensive at night. We suggest public transportation or giving yourself 20 extra minutes to find street parking. One parking lot option is SFMTA-North Beach Garage but prices vary.
WHO KNEW PIZZA COULD BE SO DIVERSE?
California-style! New York pizza! Margarita! The options are endless in San Francisco on this North Beach drinking and food tour. Pair pizza with a good drink, and we’re talking about a match made in heaven. Eat and drink your heart out on this journey through San Francisco’s “Little Italy.” On this North Beach food tour, we’ll teach you the history of pizza and the story of the beatniks while showing you famous landmarks as you taste a few local favorites. This immersive drinking and food tour is filled with hidden gems and local watering holes you are sure to love.
- Skip the line at Tony’s and try some award-winning slices
- Learn the dynamic history of pizza
- Visit a local hole-in-the-wall pizzeria
- Learn the story of the Italian immigrants
- See where Marylin Monroe and Joe DiMaggio ‘got married’
- Taste a local Italian dessert
- Visit the outside of the first strip club in America
- See one of the oldest bars
We start this North beach drinking and food tour by skipping the line at an award-winning pizzeria, Tony’s Pizza Napoletana. Here we will try 2-3 styles of pizza and learn the story of Tony, a local hero.
Feeling primed and ready to learn on this North Beach food tour, we continue on a stroll. While we explore, we’ll discuss the Italian immigrant journey to the West Coast and how North Beach became what we think is the perfect fusion of Italians, hippies, and beatniks. As we stroll around, we’ll take a peek at the church where Marilyn Monroe took her wedding photos, check out the first strip club in America, and see a graffiti piece by the famous street artist Banksy.
Next on our North Beach food tour, we head to another local pizza establishment for a new york style slice. Here we play a quick game of Pizza Trivia and test your pizza knowledge!
After, we walk a few blocks to a one-of-a-kind pizzeria with Sicilian-style slices at a local watering hole. With grunge vibes, this spot is the perfect place to sip on a local beer while “mangia-ing” on cheesy goodness. While we snack, we’ll discuss the history of pizza on the west coast and why we think it’s overlooked as a prime pizza location.
To cap off the eating portion of our North Beach Food tour, we head to a local cafe to taste an Italian dessert, tiramisu. Here we will learn about the Beat Generation that came through North Beach during the Summer of Love.
Full and ready, next we head to the oldest bar in San Francisco’s North Beach to experience the city’s first dive, with some very interesting characters. We’ll end our experience by heading to a few more local spots, including a bar known for its odd artifacts scattered across the walls. Here we leave you with a list of other fantastic pubs to keep the party going.
Optional Drink Packages:
- Beer & Wine (3): $35
- Cocktails (3): $45
Must be +21 to participate in this North Beach drinking and food tour.
READY TO DRINK UP SOME HISTORY?
NOT READY TO DECIDE? CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO!
MAKE IT PRIVATE
Add a bit of excitement to the ‘wine and dine’ portion of your next business trip vacation or Tuesday (why not!?). We customize your private cocktail and/or food walk to fit your needs in one of our select neighborhoods. If you book a private food tour experience with us, we can customize any of our food walks to fit your needs. We can also meet at your hotel or office and create an itinerary that fits you and your time in the city.
Our base price starts with our standardized tour rates, but we are happy to add more. Feel free to email us at info@Stretchy-pants.com for more information on private groups.
What are people saying about our North Beach food tour?
Join our newsletter!
...And get a free 5-day SF itinerary!