PAINTED LADIES: ARTISAN BRUNCH FOOD TOUR
Alamo Square & Hayes Valley, San Francisco
ARTISAN FOOD TOUR
Explore off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods
Taste the delicious history of SF’s sourdough
Eat a delicious empanada
See the Painted Ladies in Alamo Square Park
Sample artisan Donuts and Coffee
Taste unique seasonal ice creams
10 AM on Fridays
Private and Custom events are available on weekdays only
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS ARTISAN FOOD TOUR
- Max Capacity: 10 (Contact us for bigger groups!)
- Start & End Location: This tour ends about 10 blocks from the meeting location
- Includes: Coffee, Donut, ‘Fancy’ Toast, Empanada, Ice Cream
- Can Accommodate: Vegans, Gluten-Free
- Sustainable Travel: Please bring your own water bottles to reduce plastic waste
- Parking: Street parking in this area can be difficult. There are no parking lots close by. There is also a big hill between our start location and our finish location. We suggest taking public transportation.
INDULGE A LITTLE, WHY NOT?
Willy Wonka lived his best life – am I right?! Skip the oatmeal and go straight for the full brunch. So go ahead; after the week you’ve had, you deserve it! This artisan food tour is the perfect way to have a walking brunch while learning the history of this off-the-beaten-path neighborhood and its most famous ladies.
- See Multiple Neighborhoods
- Visit the Painted Ladies
- Try “Fancy Toast” while learning the history of San Francisco’s most famous sourdough.
- Learn how coffee is made while tasting a fresh brew
- Visit a farm-to-table grocery store (how very Californian!)
- Taste the neighborhood’s most unique ice cream flavors
- Taste an artisan empanada
- Learn the architecture of the neighborhood
We begin our day in a San Francisco-based café with an overview of the history of this off-the-beaten-path neighborhood, all while snacking on a local coffee and artisan donut.
Feeling caffeinated, we continue our artisan food tour. We stroll down the block to the neighborhood market to look at the fanciest grocery store in town, Bi-Rite. Here we will learn about how chocolate is made and grab a few samples if you’re lucky.
Next, we head to another hotspot for some ‘fancy toast’ because no San Francisco artisan food tour is complete without some sourdough. While you snack, you will hear the story behind SF’s famous sourdough bread and the history of the Gold Rush.
Venture up our only hill (it’s not too bad – we promise) to see the historical Painted Ladies in Alamo Square. First one to sing the Full House theme song gets a prize!
After a photo op, we’ll head down the hill, passing adorable boutique shops, to the cutest part of town, Hayes Valley. Here we taste a San Francisco-made empanada. for our final food taste, we head to an ice cream store that is said to have the most unique flavors in the city. We conclude our journey with a visit to a magical French Patisserie for an opportunity to shop locally.
READY TO TASTE HISTORY?
STILL NOT SURE? CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO!
MAKE IT A PRIVATE FOOD TOUR
Add a bit of excitement to the ‘wine and dine’ portion of your next business trip vacation or Tuesday (why not!?). We customize your private cocktail and/or food walk to fit your needs in one of our select neighborhoods. We can meet at your hotel or office and create an itinerary that suits you and your time in the city.
To make an event private on a weekday you must buy a minimum of 6 tickets. Don’t need anything special? Skip the form and book directly. Just leave us a note with your private request.